To avoid painful intramuscular injections a new form of testosterone appeared recently called Xyosted from Antares Pharma, a drug service US company. This is a percutaneous auto-injection that serves once weekly. Its main mission is to restore the males’ testosterone level and improve their psychological mood.
What Is Xyosted?
Xyosted is a suitable testosterone auto-injector that serves to substitutive therapy in the event of initial or hypogonadotropic hypogonadism that is connected with deficit or absence of endogenous testosterone pathway in adult males. Antares Pharma pharmaceutical company announced its market entry in 2018 for specific medicinal usage in males only. It’s also known as QuickShot Testosterone, which you can easily apply at home.
Xyosted is hardly the first sample of the substitutive testosterone therapy, but it has a powerful argument: it’s the first medicinal product applied intradermally on Quick Shot technology. And it should be applied once weekly.
Let’s compare Xyosted with similar compounds:
- Delatestryl, containing Testosterone Enanthate and DEPO-Testosterone with testosterone cypionate should be used twice in 2-4 weeks.
- Aveed and Nebido, both containing Testosterone Undecanoate – should be applied once in 10-14 weeks.
- Another sample, AndroGel is produced in a gel form and should be used daily.
- Androderm testosterone is in plaster form should be changed every day.
Hence, Xyosted is a more beneficial product comparing to its analogs because of its injection form and usage suitability.
Main Uses of Xyosted
It’s not recommended to administrate Xyosted if you have or previously experienced breast or prostate cancer, have allergic to its components if you have a low testosterone level because of age. It’s not recommended to use for females, especially pregnant ones because of Xyosted extreme androgenic effect that results in women’s virilization. If you have some problems with the liver or kidney, avoid this product usage.
The main indications for Xyosted administration are:
- primary hypogonadism that characterizes with testicles disorder because of orchitis, orchiectomy, chemotherapy, etc.
- hypogonadotropic hypogonadism means a shortage of gonadotropin and luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone. Such men have a lack of serum testosterone concentration.
- it’s also used for boys to treat puberty delay or a hormonal disorder.
- testosterone injection therapy is also used for transgender men to get a more male appearance. Such a therapy fosters female characteristics suppression.
In the case of hypogonadism treatment, testosterone therapy can result in the next benefits:
- sexual function improvement
- muscle mass & strength increasing
- psychological state improving
- better cognitive functioning
- osteoporosis risk lowering
Remember, this therapy treats low testosterone level symptoms only, but not its prime cause.
This medicinal product wasn’t approved for children. If it’s suitable for your kid treatment, consult a doctor before its starting. Before Xyosted administration by a child, inform a pediatrician whether he has/had:
- allergic reaction on this compound
- breast or prostate cancer
- heart disorder
- kidney/ liver diseases
You’re recommended to provide a blood test to exclude diabetes and cholesterol increased level. Concerning Xyosted cost that is quite high, it’s administered for limited diagnosis treatment.
Xyosted Cycles and Dosage
The injection form consists of Testosterone Enanthate, a testosterone derivative, and serves to subcutaneous administration. It goes in 3 variations: 50 mg/ 75 mg/ 100 mg compound strength. To start Xyosted using we recommend applying 75 mg injection in the abdominal region once a week.
Before starting to administrate a person should check testosterone serum level to confirm the diagnosis and whether he’s sensitive to castor and sesame oil. The next dose is measured 7 days after the previous injection and the dosage cycle lasts for 6 weeks.
If testosterone concentration is 350-650 ng/dL you should apply this compound. When the total testosterone level is more than 650 ng/dL, you can lower Xyosted dose by 25 mg. In 12 weeks the initial serum testosterone level will normalize, in some cases, it can achieve a steady-state just in 6 weeks.
Before injecting, make sure you know exactly what the region is better got shot. Avoid injections in the places with itching and painful skin, bruises, redness, shedding, cicatrix, and stretch marks.
Taking into consideration its price rating, there are some Xyosted coupon programs launched by the US medicinal producers to sell the injector at lower prices.
Xyosted Side Effects
Xyosted abuse may occur in professional athletes and bodybuilders because of intentional non-therapeutic administration, misuse, or improper dosage volume. By not adhering to the pharmaceutical prescription testosterone in combination with other AAS compounds (anabolic-androgenic steroids) may result in various negative effects on most systems:
- Cardiovascular system: Xyosted increased blood pressure that can result in a heart attack or a stroke occurrence. If you can’t control your blood pressure, it’s better to stop using Xyosted. Additionally, red blood cells amount, and consequently hemoglobin level increasing.
- Mental health issues: depression, mood swings, suicidal thoughts may appear, psychosis, delusion.
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis suppression may result in infertility for males because of natural testosterone producing reduction.
- Endocrine system: estradiol level growth, blood testosterone level increasing, female virilization, premature puberty.
- Gastrointestinal system: abdominal pain, gum tenderness, vomiting, stomatitis.
- Metabolism changes: weight increasing, liquid retention.
- Harmful effect on the liver and kidney functioning that results in skin yellowing, dark urine, abdominal pain occurrence.
- Dermatologic problems: acne, itching, dry skin, blisters appearing, allergic dermatitis.
- Raising risk of cancer occurrence.
- Blood sugar level boosting. So if you have diabetes, ask your pediatrician about what dose is appropriate for you.
- Blood clots appearing that result in leg pain and its redness, hard breathing, and chest pain.
- Male sexual dysfunction: erectile disorder, prostate increasing, testes atrophy, infertility.
- Female health issues: virilization, hirsutism, male-pattern hair loss, breast atrophy, menstrual disorder.
In case of an overdose, a person can experience weakness in the body, headache, temporary blindness, changes in taste, dizziness. Such symptoms can last for at least 2 weeks and months, depending on doses taking and its frequency.
Is Xyosted Safe?
Xyosted is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration as a testosterone injection for males suffering from endogenous testosterone deficiency. Before its usage, you should consult a doctor or pharmacist about personal dosage size.
Is Xyosted Legal?
Xyosted is a controlled compound as it contains testosterone and is enlisted in a Schedule 3 of the Controlled Substances Act in the USA. But it’s banned for athletes’ usage.
How to Take Xyosted?
Xyosted is injected under the skin only. Available dosages are 50 mg, 75 mg, and 100 mg that is applied according to your testosterone level. It’s easy to use, so you can inject it by yourself once a week.
Where to Buy Xyosted?
You can purchase Xyosted testosterone injections via official representatives and providers of the specific medicinal hormone therapy compounds. The most suitable and safest way to get the original product is to buy it online on the official Antares Pharma or other testosterone websites.
How Much is Xyosted?
Xyosted is quite a costly compound, its average price is around $500 depending on the place you buy it.
As testosterone therapy applying is rapidly growing in the USA, before its implementation most doctors and pharmacists recommend estimating personal health condition, Xyosted administration risks, and benefits for the organism.
Mark is a nutrition expert with more then 17 years experience in weight loss. In his spare time, he likes to share his thoughts on nutrition, fitness, male and female health and more.